Monday, July 20, 2009

hangover, conaturs style

saturday night/sunday morning consisted of a post-night out where i had to take my nemesis home.

Five hours after sleep, I had to get to the other party in my parent's house, for my nephew.

I finally got to bed at an early 1am (or was it 2?)

I wake up about 10, but I really get out of bed towards midday. 

Today, I've not done much; I did little tasks. My brother is moving out, the room is empty but I'm staying in my room to give him space, both physical and emotional.

I'm not so keen on him of late. He's moving out with little money. My brother has some ambiguous part time work; is going into a new flat and doing all this band stuff with recordings and his debut album.

My brother has always been bad for planning. He's short tempered and often his own shortcomings, which fuel his failures, aggrivate an anger towards other people which is both misdirected and awkward to be around. I don't really like how his goals and his general ends are diffuse and not strongly defined. He's a weak character, a weak mind and not really dedicated or focussed. He is the epitome of normality in the sense that he has no real special talent or eminence about him. On the other hand, when I think of myself, the sepcialness within me is eroding. Where am I hiding in this situation?

Right now I want to just lay down and feel the cool summer air from my window float onto my face. A part of me, however, knows that I am behind in my schedule. I'm in a dinky little box room, where my head lays against one wall and my bent knee with foot pushing against the other..

My brother in law's brother is also unemployed, he complimented me on having a 'system'. i feel inadequate in terms of my scheme to getting a job, namely, it's lack of success. That said, I got a call from a law firm asking me to put forward the intake date of my application so as I may get a better chance; they want me to apply and they haven't turned me down because of the numbers: they want to consider me.

I'm not sure if that's a good sign, or a neutral sign. I don't care really. I just want to get on

No comments: