Tuesday, July 14, 2009

the nuclear explosion

The nuclear family is said to be the norm of family unit. I never really assumed life was any different. Going out with a single parent challenges me in that respect. I worry about how the little one will turn out. I hope our relationship will go well. Growing up in a nuclear family and all nuclear families around me didnt make me think or challenge or criticise other arrangements. I dont really criticise other arrangements. I wonder if the nuclear family is deficient. I came back home after the birthday weekend. Here's the highlights of what happened:

1. I had a big fight about being unemployed with my gf. She says I'm lazy, I think she's right.
2. My mum has officially retired. I wonder how it's going to be with her around all the time. Won't be able to wank much, that's for sure.
3. My brother is moving out. He's been acting mysterious, even more so now that he is living in a flat; he doesn't have much money: how is he earning anything? My brother is also recording the debut album of him and his band. I really don't like talking about this issue (his privacy)
4. My neighbour Charlestone is missing. This is part of a long story that I was meaning to talk about in another post. Charlestone, according to my dad, has been missing for 3 weeks; this is really bad. I'm guessing, both out of my morbid fascination, and as an academically reasoned guess, that he's topped himself. I feel a bit sad about it, but not surprised.

I'm back home at the 'rents. I hope to be more productive later on this week.

No comments: