Monday, February 7, 2011

Reacting to complex tasks

When I made a start at starting my life over from 2009, I had issues with dealing with large tasks. When there is a large task that I wished to do, I'd start on it and realise there is another step back that I'd need to make in order to move forward. So, that meant there was something I needed to do in order to do y which was x. y wasn't even the end result I was looking for, but it was a step toward the step I needed to finish it. So it looked something like this

Complete y
x -->y
I need to do x

Why am I doing this?

Oh yes, because
y-->z

But z isn't the end, it's z', but
z-->z'.

So in summary,

(x-->y) <--> (y-->z) & (z-->z')

therefore I'd need x in order for z'

But this seems complicated:
result: play halo and look on youtube (no symbols for that)

I've got an interview next week (z'), in order to do the interview, I need to fill out some vetting forms (z). In order to fill out the vetting forms, I have constituent elements of these which as a unity comprise of y <a,b,c,d>, some of the elements within set y require external tasks to complete them x. These include:

  • Getting photos
  • Filling out forms
  • Printing forms
  • Giving the forms to a signatory (ie. GP)
I have set myself 'good time' to complete these tasks, however it does look pretty long winded. I need to complete these tasks soon-ish.

I wish I could wake up early in the damned mornings. I got up at 1-ish this morning, then wanked myself dry until 12, I had lunch until 1:30 and then I did some tasks, then at 3pm I looked at some tv and wanked again, then played halo. Come 4pm I then started getting back to things. Now its 5, I want to do the gym and I dont feel inclined to put so much effort into this damned application form. I feel a little hopeless today. I was reading a blog about depression today, and one of the really notable things that the author noted was that: these feelings pass.

This work isn't going to pass unless I do it. I need to get busy.

No comments: