Friday, February 25, 2011

Celebrities, protests and work

Over the past few days I've had the following conversation with people many times over, I've also had it with myself, it normally starts off with:

"You wouldn't believe what happened this week..."

I saw two celebrities at work, I really shouldn't say who due to the nature of my job. I also got into a newspaper event as it unfolded too, it involved some nutter Arabs, I really shouldn't say more due to the nature of the job I was applying to.

Then, of course, there was two days of work,  one intern day, one really long travel day for an interview and a gym session. Longest week of my life. I ended the past three days coming home with a pizza and barely able to wank, well, I say barely able but I forced out two last night but I didn't do anything else but wank and eat after I got home.

What else could I talk about over the past three days? I got asked out by some colleagues of the office to go to lunch. We went to Camden, all the metalheads and Goths were congregating there. As we went through camden, I revisited memories of coming down to camden, my companions at the office suggested that I explore other parts of the market and I ended up on my own in a book shop. I saw this book shop months ago and I didn't go in because I was with some non-natives. As I got in I felt at home, I found myself in an old world that I loved. I found a book that I did a lot of my Dissertation work on. Seeing this book again was like seeing an old girlfriend, I have so many memories with her, so many thoughts and discoveries. It was the one text that influenced my decision to want to do a PhD.

Then I had work after work. 5 or so hours of work was entertaining, draining too. After work, I then ventured home. I was hoping that this pretty girl I worked with got on the same train as I, but I also tried to ignore it. I did a good job of ignoring my little fancy of her reading the new book I obtained. I made an irresponsible purchas considering that I dont have much money, but it was an impulse buy. Finding that book again inspired a lot of feelings, good and bad, triggers and ideas.

Another thread of the past few days is that I've been chatting to dobby again. Dobby is sorta opening up to me about things and having a trigger made me talk openly with her. I talk openly with her about a lot of stuff. I feel in a way that I'm dumping that stuff on her, talking to her so openly feels good and it also makes me acknowledge a lot of demons. Some I forgot were still there. Dobby also said 'we should meet up sometime'. That kind of affected my mood a bit too.

Anyway, today I'm tidying up a little bit. I've finished most of what I've intended to clean up. Now I can get to the schedule. I have wrangled tomake myself go to the gym later today, for cardio. I've gained weight, or is that muscle. I dont know but I need to keep working out. I've got a lot of excercise before I get a better body.

A strange week, more so than usual, meeting two famous celebrities of the 1990s and 2000s (the latter was my soundtrack to 2005/6), getting caught in an extremist demonstration (but not participating i was just walking by) working a few times this week and gymming it a few times as well. I've got a PT Session tomorrow, my parents are coming back today and a few more applications to get on with.

I think it was the 2 year anniversary of getting my MA this week too,o r maybe last week. Either way, my life of late is mainly about 'getting on with it'. So for now, that's what I'll do.

Good day

No comments: