Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"It will end, and I'll be depressed. That's how it's always been"

Good afternoon.

I probably haven't written a post for a while. I've been playing an xbox RPG or halo for a lot of yesterday. Getting up late, and having a guest over didn't help my schedule. I suppose in a sense I am being lenient with myself and all that goes on on the basis that it's a holiday period and this is a time where I will see many of my friends and family compared to 'normal' time. The one great thing about the Christmas period (and for my family it still counts as Christmas, namely, a 12 day period).

My parents went off to a pary last night, so I used the free oppurtunity to play xbox, and I played with my friend online. That was lots of fun. The downside is I have an untidy room and lots to do on my schedule. Right now, or rather, for the past hour or so I have been arranging my tasks (mainly job searches and informational queries) to 'catch up' as it were on things.

I am expecting to hear from the graduate scheme. I have a feeling it's going to be a rejection. Rejection is the only thing I've known in the past few years. I'm going to try and be proactive. I suppose ways to be proactive is to not make things worse. I've eaten a bit too much lately. The food is just out there and has been so since the 24th. There's a salmon, bits of turkey, and shitloads of chocolate.

I hope to catch up on my schedule, this would mean I can free up time in later days. Doing both will enable me to find more time to enjoy myself with a clear conscience, and maybe, just maybe, get things done.

Right now I'm listening to a lecture on the rise of the Greek Polis. It's the only normalcy I find comforting in this festive change period. It will end, and I'll be depressed. That's how it's always been.

No comments: