Friday, December 10, 2010

Can't concentrate...

I'm feeling really hungry at the moment but nothing in the house looks appealing. I am going to go out to get some lunch.

I've made the decision today to not do my normal schedule activities. I'll be off to work in a couple of hours, and then I'll do a shift until 11pm, I'll probably get back by midnight and then I'll chillax until sleep befalls me. I am considering a possible gluttonous option of takeaway tonight. My blood sugar right now is begging for it.

It's not to say that I've not been productive today. I've done the following things:

  • Recieved a list of next months' shifts and sent off my availability, as well as that scheduled said shifts and organised the calendar for next month
  • I made an enquiry with my sister about her present and also that of her husband and son.
  • Following the enquiry, I went on amazon and bought 4 presents (including one for mum and dad). That's basically all the obligatory presents sorted. Cost : £40
  • I've attempted to make a lovefilm.com account so I could get a £10 amazon voucher, then the website went down on me (and not in the way I like things going down on me). I'll have to try tomorrow. I wish I got that amazon voucher before I bought the presents. Alas...

I've got a shift later on today. I guess that makes a full day. I'm feeling exceptionally tired and weak right now. Perhaps I should venture to eat. I'm glad I got paid yesterday, although I am a bit off-put by the fact that I've now spent £50 since I got paid, £10 went to my Oyster card, which is a necessary travel expenditure, and £40 went to the mandatory expense of xmas presents. Now that sucks a little bit. I'll also need to earmark £125 and probably another £75 for counselling this month and next, then there is of course, anticipating that I wont get very much paid in for December when I get paid in January, so I'll need January's wage to last a bit longer until Febuary's wage. In short, this involves financial planning to an extent I've never entertained. Leisurely expenses like thinking about 'me' are out of the window. I was half thinking of buying an Iron man mask, or an Xbox, but almost £300 in the bank is going to have to last until Janurary, and maybe Febuary.

I'm going to avoid thinking (because I feel too weak now) and go to buy some food.

Laters.

No comments: