Wednesday, October 21, 2009

postal stricken

lately there has been at least two postal strikes that I have been aware of. On the positive side I am at least still getting mail delivered to me. I have hade some disappointments with the mail service lately. These incldue:

1. Back in august I applied to a PhD. I sent off my reference letters to my referees, where i carried a bit of doubt about sending those letters. It as the last month of my living in that flat, and I based the decision of when to leave upon when I wuold expet the letter to come back. Knowing that the letter never even reached them, because of the post office being cocks, I would have left earlier.

This makes me think that I would have broken up with my girlfriend either earlier, or things would have turned out differently, and perhaps I still would be with her. I type right now that it isn't a good idea to think about such possibilities, to think about what could have been. But as I type these words I feel that my heart is lying to my fingers. I cannot but imagine if we were still together.

2. A job application I had given did not get to the employer on time. this is fucked up

3. I am waiting on a letter from the NHS or more specifically, a confirmation/appointment for counselling sessions. I seriously hope that I can have this organised soon. I am quite looking forward to going to counselling, because it would be a positive impact on me and I am ready to accept professional help. I think I am a different person now. I realise that as I compary myself now to the person I used to be when I was living in the flat that I had just moved out of, and the time I went into the nuthouse (I realised yesterday, or was reminded, that the anniversary is coming up soon)

No comments: