Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cultural events

I have decided that I should do something that I have been saying I wanted to do. That being, go to more cultural events, more intellectual and thoughtful events. So far I have planned:

1. Booked a book opening event in a prestigious london bookshop
2. Booked (free) tickets to the darwin natural history exhibit
3. I've been invited by a friend from university, to go to a concert (in a church) commemorating some anniversary of her posh girl's school. A concert is a concert, and it is always nice to go somewhere vaguely pretentious. I suppose it affirms a sense of character and identity, compared to wanking myself dry for 4 hours a night.

It's nice to be invited to things, it means that I am not forgotten, and ignored a person. I feel like most people have otherwise left me behind. I am slowly realising that my feelings are confined to my own mind. My sense of feeling worthless, unloveable and hopeless is only true if I accept it. It is something I must detach myself from and move forward from.

That's all I have to say

No comments: