Monday, October 26, 2009

12:30

I have just called the number that the local job centre had given me. It was an automated telephone thing. It was a voice that asked me where to dial and go. In addition, they had asked me to give them my postcode in order to direct me yet again to where I can ask about my claim (I feared then, that I'd be led in a circle). This thought made me stoically frustrated.

The automated voice could not recognise me telling her her postcode. After 3 attempts, she then said. I'm sorry I could not hear that; please call the number I have just mentioned to find further help. (end call)

You did not miss anything, but perhaps I did, namely, what number? I asked for help, being directed to the job centre. I then was led to call an 0800 number, which then apparently led me to a number, after not understanding when I told the voice my postcode, she then say something which seems almost irrelevant. Now that I have paused for 9 minutes to write this post and keep some composure, I am going to attempt to call this 0800 number again.

I feel awfully frustrated, at myself for not having a job, at life for turning out this way, at the government for this whole recession, and most of all, at bureaucracies and a world that is fake. I am down to £268. I'm FUCKED.

My alternatives:

1. Citizen's advice bureau
2. Writing to a local MP (shit...that's desperate)

No comments: