Sunday, January 2, 2011

post "post party" party

So. Let's review.

Last night I went to a new years eve party. The hitches were numerous: roads being blocked due to fireworks display, friends having (swine) flu and anxiety/weight issues. These issues dissolved after a couple of drinks. I got drunk, perhaps hurrendously drunk, but it wasn't the worst in the world.

Next.

Getting home, I was hungover in the morning and then I had a post-party party. This was a chillout day with some mates, and it also involved some laughing, walking and general enjoyment. I took some spoils from last night, namely: a can of gas (long story) and the drinks i brought that no one wanted. In a sense it was like getting my money back. Except no money, but what I bought. It was a value for money route. I then spent a bit today while out with my friends, I spent some money on the food and then I spent some money on lunch. I am going to calculate my walking distances for today. I hope that will assure me. I didn't 'overeat' as such today.

Some observations have emerged. It seems that some people don't have perfect lives, which saddens me but also I found a bit levelling. Having a realistic view of the world that everyone is in a shitty situation relative to them is insightful. The issues are:

  • One guy (school friend) with a beautiful girlfriend who is successful for reasons that I won't disclose, is having a difficult time with his girlfriend. They are having a 'trial separation' or 'taking a break'. Call it what you want, my friends are calling it the end. Who knwos, but this much is clear: they are having troubles. Sad really, but that's how relationships go.
  • One of the guys at the party started dancing to the point of half nudity apparently has 'alcohol issues'. It was less funny once realising this, and more bizarre and disturbing.
  • I noticed tensions and rifts between friends, mine and others. The host's best mates were inappropriately close to his girlfriend, touching and flirting and other such activities. My mate (whom I know the host through) was getting a bit pissed at the aforementioned naked guy due to his inappropriate closeness
  • Another tension: the hosts of the post party got pissed at my mate (aforementioned pissed off guy) because of the way he was treating them, mainly due to an incident with a bass guitar. There were also tensions of interests: one part of the group wanted to play xbox, another wanted to watch action films. THere were moments when one seemingly could cut the tension with a knife. I felt odd because I didn't want to make eye contact with the guy who made it tense, but I also wanted to appear like an impartial party. If there is division I don't want to be in the dividing lines.
In short, while I had fun, I saw the limits of friendship. I feel a new sense of confidence in the potential invitation I had to a photoshoot, what a bizarre turnout. Perhaps I might be a sexy model. Anyway, people talk so much of 'new year new you'. Perhaps I might join that wagon and work on myself. I do that anyway, but it's nice to have a checkup on my priorities.

I'm not sure if I have any more things I need to think about but I've run out of lucidity. I am going to map my walking data before relaxing and then bed. Much to do tomorrow. It all kicks off again.

Happy new year.
Now get on with it.  Ugh, I'm going to be 25 this year...

No comments: