Tuesday, January 25, 2011

(Listening to halo audiobook in the afternoon)

Good afternoon (I thought it was morning for a split second).

I woke up late again today, 11am, but that's not as bad as yesterday so I suppose that's a plus. I've not lost any weight today, but on the other hand I have not had a poop today (that's where most of it comes out). I've managed to look at some of my tasks and checking my phone I see that counselling has been cancelled today.

The less said about my mood in the morning the better, I am having a bit of a hard time with motivation. Although about a couple of days ago it was fair to say that the coming days were fairly low intensity tasks, I'd say that the 'busy' scheduling plans of earlier this month have almost passed and most of the tasks are low-priority or of less task dense days. Despite this, I still need to keep soldiering on, and once I get my shifts later this week I'll probably get busy again as I'll have to reschedule everything again.

Lets talk about some things that I may not have mentioned:

  1. I've been commissioned with a new book review this week, it's due in may
  2. I've recieved a lot of rejections over the past two days, I guess that's good. one of the applications was for an academic position, a research assistant. The hiring manager was kind enough to inform me that my record was good, but there were people even more qualified than her applying for a position subordinate to hers. That's competition which is intense: when the applicants are better than the interviewers. I had no chance, but she was nice to say kind things of my application, I'd like to think they were true.
  3. I've made a lot of application plans which I didn't bother applying to. I'm being a lot more picky with what I want to apply to, I try to justify it by saying things like 'I dont want to work in fundraising' or 'I don't believe in the cause of pro-life'.
Anyhoo. I'm getting on, talk soon.

No comments: