Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back to the bases


From Today's 'Dilbert' Comic strip.

Good Afternoon.

Today is a sunny day, almost like a summer morning. The weather is darned cold however. I feel a bit weird after having counselling today. I need to stop talking about my anger during session. It's making the counsellor uncomfortable (but I enjoy that a little), its also not helping me. It's not helping me to pay someone £25 a week which I can barely afford to get angry at someone, I can do that for free with internet trolling. It's also not helping my mood. As I got home last night I didn't get anything done, in addition I binged a bit and gained weight.

I need to think about my schedule. I need to think about why I set the tasks that I do. The point is that I need to get a job, a decent job that pays well and fits my graduate profile. A job that I can use to emancipate myself from my parents' place and somehow work through to improve my life. Although I'm an xbox stronger, I am only a few strayed threads away from broken trousers and one computer flaw away from complete meltdown with my laptop. I need money and I need it fast. I need to improve my life soon or else I'm damned forever.

Face it, I'm 24 years old and I've very ilttle to show for my life since I was 21. I can't keep reliving the past, a new decade is upon us (it was for about a year now) and I need to embrace it with open arms and opportunity.

I've sent off one application today sofar, I've done a bit of job searching. I've had breakfast/lunch, and I've got much more to do. I need to focus on the bases today and get enough done. Priority target is to apply to jobs and fill out all the tasks that I hate doing.

PhD applications come tertiary to that. Writing my paper comes secondary.




No comments: