Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bold decision?

I just came back. I don't know whether it was a hard sell or whether I just can never say no. I've joined a gym.

Subscription fee is about £45 a month. Somehow I blagged that because I work for a local council (which, technically, I do), I get some corporate discount. I feel like I'm an executive somehow now. Well, I'm being charged an executive rate. The gym pass includes access to a swimming pool plus sauna and steam room. In addition I have access to numerous fitness classes. The costs to me:

Today: £35.11 (first payment plus admin fee)
Direct Debit payments from March 1st (£43.50)

For someone who is barely making ends meet to pay for counsellin,g I am not certain if this is the best financial decision i've made of late. I will meet more people when I got to the gym, so I suppose that's positive, and I have been thinking about doing this for a while. Perhaps this is the start to a new me, or, as my more sceptical self is thinking right now: a bad decision for even worse finances.

A part of me is also thinking: you need to be bold to be brave. This is a bold decision.

I feel quite excited about this, I also need to fit fitness into my schedule. I think evenings will be the best time. Looking through the brochure, I feel a little more assured. I just hope I can afford it. It beats a crack addiction I suppose, and it beats bulimia.

No comments: