Monday, September 14, 2009

For a lazy day, I've got quite a bit done in it.

Today, after waking up quite late, I have recieved an offer for an interview. I have been offered an interview for a job making subtitles on films and tv. It's a job that involves heavy touch-typing. I saw a document that lists the amount of time involved for the labour. It is shift work and involves long hours.

it is scary. It is scary of the prospect of having a job. In a sense, after all this time looking for a job, this is one that I wuoldn't hate doing, however, I feel in some way scared of it. I feel afraid that I will succeed and my job will work out. The job pays 18.5k with a possible pay rise (after experience) to 24k. All of this money talk does appeal to me, however it still does frighten me regarding how much time I will spend at the job.

I feel scared of getting a job, acknowledging that I'm 23 and I'm nto getting younger. I'm scared of waking up one day, being late 20s or early 30s, and not being where I want to be in life and being absolutely stuck and bored and dull and lifeless.

However, perhaps that's the most I can look forward to in my life.

Today is also the day I sign in to the job centre. I've not recieved any benefits money, despite applying, for it and the job centre stuff benig sorted out. Perhaps it takes 28 days or so to sort out. I hope to get the backlog monies. My mum has cut off my money, so I'm a bit scared regarding money. Perhaps if I earned proper money, I could live on my own and be independent.

No comments: