Wednesday, September 2, 2009

conceptualising depression

I wanted to write a blog post, mainly for the sake of doing some 'writing' on my part, to conceptualise and distinguish, in my own mind, the difference between my actual thoguths and experiences from a process, so as to take away the power of that process of depression and what it has on me.

If I externalise this problem, I may have a chance of overcoming it before it takes me. I would like to diagnose problems, and solutions that may follow when applied to myself

Symptoms

The symptoms of depression that apply to myself are as follows:

i. Feeling of lack of motivation: not wanting to do anything
ii. Everything slows down and becomes an effort
iii. Disappointment, sense of failure

Strategy

i. set yourself definitive tasks, feel a sense of achievement at the end of the day.
ii. 'Do what you can' - Maggie, my first counsellor, taught me that.

No comments: