Monday, September 21, 2009

A bit down

This is a month of a lot of memories. I've lived through about 23 septembers in my life, however I think that there are a few that I have not really remembered much, some I've just remembered now (2002, and 2003 especially), but othres which dictate my immediate past.

There was a time about a year ago when I thought to myself: where will I be in a year's time? or two years ago, where I would be in 2008. It's not great. I'ts not the best situation I've ben in, perhaps this is the worst situation in my entire life. However, I must not give air to that kind of thinking as it will only bring me down. In other ways I think that I am quite well. My fitness is getting better, despite the weird fact that my weight is increasing instead of going down or stablising. It is not as if I am snacking more, or if I am, i am not paying much attention to what i eat. Perhaps I should make more note of what I eat. I have a calorie counter on my website profile for the thing I use to monitor my weight.

Anyway. I thought that I would do some writing, I think because I have not posted in a while that really talks about myself.

So this past weekend, I was making a photobook for my sort-of-girlfriend's daughter. She's going to be three years old. I spent a while getting all photos of her in the past 6 month period. She does appear to have grown up a lot. I love her dearly and I think of her constantly.

I was playing the piano on Saturday when my parents were out of the house. I rediscovered my old 'sixth-form' self in the piano. When I play, I enter into memories of when I've practiced. I tend to be very memory-focused and involved when I play the piano. It felt nice to be someone else, someone different, and rediscover a particular aspect of me. Of course, I'm a bit rusty, however, my technique is getting to the level when I was in college, perhaps even better! That is a prospect that I quite enjoy. I am moving forward and not appealing to the old past.

Talk about Rammstein has come up lately; their music video 'Pussy' has come out and a couple of my friends are facebooking constantly about it, and the Rammstein tour. I have a lot of memories about Rammstein. Perhaps I'll wirte about that one day.

I've also been prone to waking up unacceptably late. I've been thinking about whether to set my GCal tasks to start from a later and more reasonable point so as to acknowledge and account for a realistic completion of the tasks I have, on the other hand, I feel a sense of complacency in re-adjusting my schedule insofar that putting the tasks further is bascially an acceptance that I am lazy. I shall try to start early. A thought I had now is that if I go on later in the day with my job applications and tasks, I shall be feel a lot more tired and perhaps sleep earlier and feel like I'm actually having a work day. The other plus would be that I would have gotten more done.

Okay, enough procrastination by blogging. Onwards!

No comments: