Thursday, June 3, 2010

An Intermediate post of the day

Today I shall measure my achievements thusly:

1. I sent an email to the belgian admissions office, just to check if things are okay. According to the website, it says application process takes 3 months, given that my application and documents were sent a month ago; I shall expect things by perhaps August? that's a different story to what I told myself before.

2. I got a call from the job centre, they are following up my case and I'll be able to sign in as per usual soon. I'll hear from them in a few days, apparently.

3. I got a call from the guy at Reed, just to touch base. That was the phone call that woke me up in the morning.

4. I had a hardware problem with my laptop. The screen wasn't working. I managed to reset the settings somehow. It required use of an external monitor, I borrowed the desktop downstairs. This event is a reminder that I seriously need to consider a new laptop soonish.

5. I applied to one job today (information assistant) and I then did a little bit of job searching.

Today sounds like I've been fairly productive.

6. I've gotten more details for travelling to the training day that I am helping out with for volunteering on saturday.

The moral of the story is that you get out of life what you put in. So right now, I'm going to go jogging. Wish me luck.

No comments: