Thursday, June 17, 2010

Avoiding things I don't like

This week I have engaged in a few activities that have been cumbersome of late. I've finally followed up the job centre problems and hopefully tomorrow they will be all resolved.

I had a job interview yesterday. It was in a sunny and leafy area of london, which is kind of a contradiction. After the interview, I took a train to central london and then transferred to another train to start my first day of the internship. The office was nice.

Everyone was friendly, people made lots of jokes; someone had a birthday and they recieved a cake and a nice recitation of happy birthday. Everyone was friendly. I was on edge. Probably because I purged the day before and I was carrying a lot of baggage and fear.

In other positives; I may have a job if the interview yesterday went well. My familiarity with information systems from 4 years of being a student has definately helped me be familiar with libraries. I just hope its enough.

I felt terrified and scared during the internship. The way I reacted to that was terror, and emotional distance. A couple of cute girls who were also interns invited me out to lunch. I however, declined. I said I was busy, which was true. I also felt anxious, and a bit scared that I didn't know the key number. In addition; I also was worried about money; since I don't have much of it.

Hopefully that will change next week. I'm watching Skins at the moment. I have been resisiting the urge to watch it for a few reasons. I know that watching Skins will make me emotional and I feel that it may bring up emotions and feelings that I'm not mature enough to deal with; sexual arousal, fond emotional memories, and other such dark desires. It's making me feel very strong feelings that I dont normally feel when watching television shows. I supopse because I have a strong connection to the city of Bristol and that I have a lot of memories. And I suppose I feel a strong sense of nostalgia about youth; even if I didn't have many friends like the people in Skins; or romantic or sexual liasons of particular craziness.

You wanna know what my teenaged life is like? I was watching anime, dreaming about some fantasy relationship with a princess; studying, more studying, reading and practicing piano.

Would I trade that life for one with girls and parties and drunken nights out and a better body?

That's the open question of the day...


No comments: