Thursday, February 11, 2010

More on job hunting

This week I found a lot of vacancies, I've changed the gear of my job hunt, however, I've still found myself in a bit of a stupour. I found lots of vacancies, but many of them I am just about not able to qualify for them, so I didn't bother. Some other ones I thought to myself: this isn't worth the effor, I know they will turn me down.

I've found a batch of vacancies (thanks to university vacancy directories) which I may be able to do. They are just admin, but a job is a job. If I can get it it's great work. At least I'd be paid! Anyhoo, I have found a nice batch of applications, but I feel that my achilles heel is my lack of experience (yes, this again). Despite my academic life and all my superficial activities (like being a musician, giving conference talks etc). Office experience and 'working under pressure' are desired. I can work under pressure, I guess its not seen that way by them.

At the moment I dont think I'm proving that I can work under much pressure. That volunteering oppurtunity that I applied to would give me a lot of good work experience. If they got me in. They say the vetting process takes a while.I hope they let me in. It would be my hope of getting a job (viz experience). I need experience, but I need a job to get experience. Jobs want people with experience, so I'm fucked! Well not so. Volunteering helps a bit.

Here's to hoping

No comments: