Thursday, February 11, 2010

coffee for the mind

As an adult, I've found the ritual of waking up very difficult. Having a system often helps, but also having some determination also aids the day.

I more or less got up pretty late today, but in context, I think that I got up reasonably early.

I'll admit something. I've not been pretty organised since the end of Xmas. I mean, I've gotten things done and pretty well to that end, but I have not gotten a morning ritual. On the other hand, I have kept busy into the late evening in place of the morning. What would be really nice is to have some coffee for the mind. I like how coffee perks one up in the morning, gives that feeling of physical invigoration and a sense of wanting to get things done. I guess literal caffiene is coffee of the mind, although perhaps more the body.

Maybe the real 'coffee' fix I need is within myself; namely, one's motivation.

No comments: