Friday, January 22, 2010

Day of yuckiness (and the ongoing tooth problem)

Today I was supposed to be on a date with Jamie; she gave me a rain check on account of her friend performing at a major cultural venue who had gotten her a ticket. Fair enough. However, my friends have invited me for a crazy weekend to drive out to visit another friend. This means that I cant rearrange to see her for this weekend. That means I've blown her off as well!

I hope we can organise a time when I can go out with her next week. For now, however, I shall look forward to seeing my friends. I must see my friends because I rarely get a chance to meet them. Also, one of the guys I'm going out with has had a breakup, I am not that great of a friend with him, but i do want to see him. Anyhoo. Let me talk about my two days of yuckiness.

Yesterday was filled with a heightened temperature as well as extreme fatigue. I spent most of the day sleeping. I spent most of today sleeping for that matter, as well. I have gotten a few things done but far too little to count as acceptable. For now I am going through all the items of GReader (call it controlled procrastination) and then I will start on some tasks. I am busying myself with what seem to be virtually meaningless tasks. That's normally how I seem to work.

I need to gain some perspective. I need to consider the fact that I have pending application deadlines and people that I haven't replied to. I need to consider that I am not sure whether I am aiming for a PhD or a job (whether temporary or not). I need work experience, or a PhD. Last week I was on the high of going on a date and getting all the various things done relating to the PhD and book review. This week has been an acknowledgement of my sleep problem that has been persistent since around the time I have been on the paxil.

Another mental health related problem. I'm having some pretty moderate gum-tooth pain. I need to call the dentist. I hope they dont charge me for it.

Money problems seem to be okay for now. I was £10 below zero earlier this week and have had a cash injection from the job centre. My balance is pathetically low these days, but I do at least have enough money to have a social life and live with some comforts. I should be fortunate for that.

Lately I've been talking to people on this social networking site who seem to be really nice, girls who are friendly and amicable towards me. Although there are no chances for dating most of them, they are people to chat to to  fill the lonely void in my life. I feel less lonely knowing that there is  another person in front of the screen. The internet has been a very good thing in my life.

Onwards with my GReader procrastination.

No comments: