Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Dear Diary,

Monday was my first 'desk day' in a long time. My concentration was not at its best. I decided to take monday off the gym routine as I fetl tired and I resolved that I could make up my gym quota through the other 6 days of the week.

My body feels tired. My mind feels tired. On that note, my shoulder on the right side feels weak and injured. However I know that i cannot let these things rule me too much. I need to give myself some rest and respite, but not too much.

So in the past few hours I've been catching up on newspapers, which is fun. I have lots of other shit that I need to do through the day and lots of tasks. I just have to get on with it.

I'm behind on archiving my photos. At the moment I was archiving a photoset from Feb 2014 (before my parents flew off) where I was getting rid of my laptops from the 2000s era. Those laptops represented my transition from sixth form to university years. That was basically a decade ago now. Not to say that I am holding those memories closely to me but it does strike me to see the things that I clutched on to as so important that are now junk waste to me.

I'm also thinking about how 2000s things are like a cliche or an ideosyncracy. In particular I think about the tv series Peep show, which has increasingly different meaning to me. Some of the episodes have aged and dated a bit, but the essence of the show (Mark Corrigan and Jez Usbourne's lack of success) have haunting significance to me.

Anyway, back to work...or whatever it is im doing.

No comments: