Tuesday, August 6, 2013

morning thoughts; end of skins, and more depressing stories

Dear Diary,

Just watched final episode of skins today. Gosh that was really fucking dark. Darker than I ever would have imagined. Great show, though I'm quite glad that it's over, though. IT reminds me so much of the old life.

Yesterday my neighbour (Eileen's husband) sold his car. That car was picked by their son, and that car drove them to rehab when their son was having trouble. That car hid lots of alcohol when Giles (the son) had problems with the alcohol, and decided not to have any booze in the house and Eileen poured it all down the drain calling it evil poison.

Philip (Eileen's husband) is living with those consequences, of the alcoholism and the damage that came after. He's all alone now, and he's sold the car. It's a family car, he has no use for it anymore.

My dad told my yesterday that Vincent, the bipolar guy who is a family friend, is getting progressively worse. Vince has some delusions and he's on heavy medication. Vince is not medically fit to drive. My brother's writing a blog about going off antidepressants. I seem to be surrounded in this dark shit.

Lenore invited me to a puppet workshop thingy today. I couldn't make it. I'm so tired and I have so much to do. I'm thinking to myself right now: I turned her down and I've got to make whatever I do today worth it. I like her company but if I'm turning someone down I better do it for a good reason.

So that's all I have to say this morning.

Onwards

No comments: