Wednesday, August 28, 2013

first day of placement

dear diary,

so I had the interview yesterday. I got there on time, I'd like to think the interview went well. I wasn't really bothered afterwards. I just felt sweaty and hot. After the interview I went to Croydon station to get to work, heading off to the Sentinel. Lately I've been thinking about train stations. I like travelling. I like going to new places. 

So I went to the placement afterwards. I had some extra time so I went to M&S nearby. I didn't manage to eat the food I got until after the day. Once I got to the office it was really full-on. I was doing events related work. Much different to the sort of thing I do at shambly arena. I was calling lots of people, trying to find their contact details and emailing invitations to events to various people. 

I was really in the deep end yesterday. Baptism of fire. I think the other people in the office acknowledged this. Some scary shit. Really, scary, shit. By about 5pm I could feel my resolve weakening. I was exhausted by the end of the day. I went home fatigued, I couldn't go to the gym. As it happens, bythe time body balance class finished yesterday I was in bed about to sleep. I had a wank after I got home, I ate my sandwich and M&S crisps as I walked home (like a dog) and then I bought a maple and pecan pastry, which I havent' eaten yet. 

I slept for about 10 hours. I just went down like a bullet (what is with these similes). I am still feeling tired. When the 7am alarm went off, I thought to myself: just another hour please! I had a bath, the bath I was suppsoed to have last night (so my hair would dry by today). Now I'm listening to the Today Programme on Radio 4 to find out about the Syria situation. It's really sad what's going on there. 

 

I had lots of anxiety moments yesterday. I would rather not talk about them right now. It really was a baptism of fire. I feel like they were testing me. I would like to think they were pleased at my work. That said, it was really hard. Today is another day, and more of the same. That's what I fear. So much harder than the previous assignment. I have to think about the money. Thats what has to motivate me. So fucking tired. This will be hard earned cash. Its 3.5 days work, but its like a month of working in events. 2 months of pay coming this october. I know august has been slow on work, and I know that. 

 

I've got to get the train in like 10 minutes...need to hurry.

I'll try and post tomorrow. 

No comments: