Thursday, September 6, 2012

went to a workshop today, for help with job searching. I felt kinda anxious, then angry, then sad. Then some triggers happened and I was trying to hide my tears. Its a touchy subject for me, cos finding work is so hard for me right now. These guys did help me.

 

There was a guy who was very eccentric, and he was a right old brainbox too. I think he has a PhD in Physics and trying to break into accounting. I think he was Autism spectrum. Terrific chap, he even offered to help a girl with her PhD application, he gave her his number and email and said he's there if he wasn't to meet up for a chat sometime for PhD advice. A part of me laughed inside, thinking this is a seems legit moment, but this but was too oblivious to realise this was a potentially good chatup line, in fact he was actually sincere about it and that's the thing I really liked about him.

 

I also talked to a female woman who as it happens, went to the same uni as me. I made a funny in-joke about Bristol and we reminisced a bit. Nice to meet a Bristol alumni, even in a place as strange as that. As I saw her face, I then realised I may have seen her before during Bristol days. I do have a good memory for things like this, and it wouldn't be too weird if that was the case. After all, most Bristol Grads end up in London professionally, anyway.

 

So I'm back home, my anxiety is still up. Work tomorrow but not until 1430. I also have work on Sunday, so I can't do the garden. I'm thinking about going to spinning class (even though I've barely been back home). I put on my white shirt today and I saw my belly and I wasn't too impressed. This month I've been thinking about reducing my weight, and cardio would be a good way to do so. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I just said no, stayed home and rested. My motivation is quite low actually, after that workshop.

No comments: