Monday, September 24, 2012

sartorial reflections

sartorial reflections come to mind today, because I wore the same clothes for two days straight, at 5 different occaisions.

  • Waistcoats make me look like the joker - get more of them
  • I might need to consider new boots. I like boots
  • Great new cords worked perfectly. And with this weekend really marks the beginning of autumn. Hello dreariness
  • Long jacket is a staple

Clothes I keep for a while. Clothes last a while. I also associate clothes with memories. There was a period when I started purging where I got a jacket from cost-co. I thought it was the hottest shit in the world. It was a grey pea coat, size Large. It hanged off me and it seemed to have all the traits of the other peacoat I owned. I loved that peacoat.

I now hate both of them. One of them reminds me of being a real dick after my incarceration i started purging. I thought it was a symbol of me mixing between casual and smart. I feel like my life is a lot of 'lost time'. All these job applications, all the rejections. I'm wasting my life because I can't afford to improve it, and I can't get a job full time. I'm trying...god damn it I'm trying.

The grey pea coat, I only wore it a few times, but then I lost interest in it. The faded blue peacoat represents Marie. It represents mistakes. The mp3 player I currently have I got just after I knew marie, when I was still waiting for her, and she never contacted me again. My most recent jacket that I bought, its also from a dark time.

 

I need new clothes. Not just to update my inventory, but to reflect me letting go of the past. Letting go of the lost time period.

I just wish the 'lost time' period wasn't still going on.

 

Off to bed now.

No comments: