Saturday, October 1, 2011

(Listening to generic European power metal)

Dear Diary,

Today has been quiet a rollercoaster in some moments. I then had boring moments, busy moments and emotionally difficult moments. Maybe a summary of the day is in order. I started the day feeling pretty shit. I felt that if I spent today just laying in bed, I might be able to get away with it since I sent off those four applications a couple of days ago. I felt low, and then later on in the day I was ...oh wait I've already talked about that anger trigger. So after that moment, I decided to get a hair cut, then I looked at one task, which was: investigate Masters in Research funding oppurtunity. I bit the bullet and made a decision in my mind that I will apply. Even though I technically didn't do anything, I have set the following tasks:

  1. (Set time to) Print application form
  2. Set time to Prepare application form
  3. Order a new pair of degree transcripts
  4. Sent email following up degree transcript query
  5. Scheduled follow up time RE: degree transcript issue

I then applied to 3 jobs, clarified the application about one grad scheme and then for the rest of the day I was just lazing and playing a game. According to my schedule, my day consisted of 7 major tasks. I'd count 8 if 'sorting out grad scheme application' counted, but I didn't finish the application so that doesn't count. I feel quite a sense of achievement. To add to that positive feeling, I've also managed to listen to a whole lot of Radio 4, I've lately been following a series called 'Life and Fate' by a Russian author. It's pretty dark it is fair to say.

I've also planned the next few days with relation to my Masters in research application, interview and I've decided to reserve Sunday as a social day. I've also decided to give Saturday (today) morning a training session. I almost have reason to feel proud. But then I realised that I need to lose a lot more weight. I'll try to work on that tomorrow.

No comments: