Monday, October 24, 2011

My teacher used to say 'sleep on it' for big decisions.

Dear Diary,

I feel quite bad that I haven't done much today. I woke up in good time for the interview today, I *think* that I did the interview pretty well, but to be honest. How many people know how to use MS Outlook, support an executive and are familiar with the Higher Education System. Well put it this way, if any candidate knows how to use CMS then I've not got the job because 'we found a candidate whose experiences and skills more closely match the job role'. It did seem like a nice place to work, informal, but also a very formal workplace. My eye was strangely impressed or drawn to one of the panellists who looked quite young but was sporting greying hair, there is something quite dignified about a young woman who accepts greying hair. If I, as a man went through that I'd probably dye it all the time. Anyway that has Nothing To Do With The Job.

I'm not really counting on it, to be honest, but I will need to wait until Wednesday or Thursday before I need to make moves. I am waiting on the other job interview from Friday which will either reject me or invite me to another interview. That makes things uncomfortable because I need to decide my plan by the end of the week. In a way, I'd be releived if I was rejected from both roles because I'll have a sub optimal plan already from the get-go. I find it odd how I'm juggling between potential improvements rather than a good situation and a bad one. The best outcome isn't so clear, and each decision will have a loss.

 

Trainign Scheme is prestigious. Media job is a stepping stone to a potential larger career. Today's interview role is best paid, and a straight laced position.I don't think that the one today has the best social life after work, they all seem to be yummy mummies working there. That gives an opening if one of them ever leaves after having babies, I've heard many people choose not to go back to work after their child. I don't know one way or the other though, but I heard that from some HR people that I work with. Anyway, when I got home I had a bit to eat, and then I fell asleep for what seems to be 2 hours. Waking up I prepped for work, and now I'm ready to leave. The plan for the rest of the day seems to be: go to work; work; read book review book. I hope I get to work with someone nice for my shift today.

For someone who has to make big decisions this week, sleeping on it doesn't really seem helpful.

No comments: