Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Listening to some generic lounge music and feeling pretty tired

Dear Diary (I find this prefix comforting),

I am pretty tired today, and I feel like a massive bowel movement is long overdue. In my previous post, I talked about how busy Tuesday was going to be, and Monday was relatively occupied as well (also I found out that my uncle died on monday). Yesterday I had a specific plan for the day, and to some extent, it all went to plan. I did an interview which lasted 4 hours, I hate the fact that I had to be friendly with the competition, I hate the fact also that in the group exercise, I mentioned that we needed to use a quantitative research design process, and when the girl in my group mentioned it in the presentation, she presented it as if it were her idea, and she didn't know what she was talking about clearly. I just wanted to catch her out and say: so, what is a qualitative social research method? Can you tell me the epistemological, practical and ethical issues relating to this kind of method?

Anyway after the interview I just kept thinking about all the shit I have to do the next day (ie today), I had an interview to reply to, I had to do another graduate competency test, and as I finished up in badminton, I had two other tasks to deal with, I had to rearrange a possible time with counselling, and I recieved (shock) another interview invitation! That means I have three interviews this month, one for yesterday, another next week, and one on the 24th. I must say that's not a terrible pace I've kept up. As it happens (this is totally not what I intended), two of the roles are in the same sector, and its a profession I totally would not have considered. Anyway, all of these applications are setting plans up for the future, potential futures. I'm just sowing loads of seeds.

With that in mind, I also have yet to hear from the people I ordered the transcripts from, I have also two PhD oppurtunities to look up, both of which are in the Netherlands (odd, but you have to go where the money is...). I not only have these things to think about in the distant future, I also have to do a lot of shit for today, and I'm blogging about doing it which doesn't involve doing it! No, blogging right now is jsut as important. I am emotionally and mentally processing all of this.

As I got home, I felt physically and mentally fatigued. I did have a strange feeling of elation, it was like feeling drunk. Maybe it was all the activity in the gym, maybe it was the fact that I was the most knowledgeable person in the room for many instances that day, maybe it was the fact that I was starving and getting delerious. As I came home I noticed nobody in the house, so I got some takeaway for sustenance. I wouldn't normally do that but my parents were out, plus I hadn't eaten anything at all. I had a massive binge, but it was only one meal that day. Both are probably unhealthy, but I have to say: it was damned satisfying.

I was so tired yesterday I almost was too tired to jack off, I say almost because I still did, but it wasn't a very horny moment for me. Well, that's a lie, I was really horny, but the fatigue took my arousal down to make it quite painful. So today, I have much to think about and plan. That's a good thing I suppose. I'm also thinking about how tomorrow will pan out, and when my next gym session is. I could do a session today but that would make 3 consecutive days, I could wait until friday (thursday is too busy) but that would be two days after instead of having a day in between of rest. That's probably better than consecutive days, and no gym at all for therest of the week. I did give my shoulders and arms some good abuse over the past couple of days.

Lately I've also measured my bodyfat with my weighing measure. My bodyfat seems to change quite radically with each gym session, 4 or so days ago it was 25.9%, today it is 25.1%. I don't mind being overweight, if my bodyfat is low. Hulk Hogan used to be 300lbs and it was mostly muscle. Why am I thinking so much about Hulk Hogan? Very strange...

Anyway, I should get back to my day, I have a lot to do, and I'm pretty ravenous with hunger as well.

And I will say as well: yesterday was a 'pat-on-the-back' moment.

No comments: