Sunday, October 23, 2011

listening to audiobooks while anxiously posting.

Dear Diary,

I've sent off the request to end counselling. I'll hear from my counsellor probably in session on Tuesday. That's mainly been on my mind when it comes to keeping active, in addition I had a horrible interview on friday. I'd rather talk about something else for now. This weekend has been quiet. I woke up, went to work. Let's just say that recent events with #OWS had affected working conditions. However it was pleasantly contrasting to how I normally work. The shift ended early, I volunteered to leave because we had more than enough people to cover the shift. The way I saw it was that I recieved an extra shift on short notice for 5 hours, I will be paid for 4 hours and worked 2 of them.

I went home and was met with a lot of back pain. This time it was a different area of my back. The back pain still afflicts me. For this reason I chose to ignore my tasks until now. So right now I'm blogging to delay and procrastinate. The plan is to get some groceries for mum, which will culminate in a pleasant walk. I shall then venture on with my tasks of the day. Most of these seem to be job applications, I probably should read on with my book review. I should also prepare for the interview on Monday Morning. I kind of give off the impression that lots of things are going on. Maybe I'll give a list:

  • I'm still reeling and returning to normal from the funeral (I know its not a good excuse to make, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect me)
  • I have been invited to a training scheme
  • I have had an interview earlier this week
  • I have been invited to two further interviews this week, one tomorrow (next week) and the other the week after
  • I will need to decide, if I'm offered a job from one of the two interviews (one of the interviews applies to a job next year), whether I will take it and have to decline from the training scheme that I've already been offered (a bit of a downer if I do).
  • I've decided to stop counselling. This will mean a few things:
  • I'll have less emotional support/I'm on my own/things might get difficult again
  • I'll have more money to make ends meet.

I'm dealing with situations where there are so many possible outcomes, I'm not sure how things will pan out. I am sure that all of these actions will change my life situation, maybe in small ways, maybe in not small ways. My uncle has died, things have definately changed without him. I will either have taken a training course giving me lots of important work experience, or things will get lots better as I am offered the illustrious 'proper job', and I'll be a proper grown up that doesn't operate out of mum and dad's house. 

I've got groceries to get. Mum wants me to carry something heavy back home. I didnt tell her about my back, but she probably knows since I put an ice pack inside my shirt.

Onwards, as they say ...

No comments: