Sunday, June 28, 2009

be yourself

I have, for too long, been listening to a part of me which wanted to be a certain kind of person. A kind of person who I thought would impress a certain person.

I tried to be gothic and a bit more into the heavy metal culture than I wanted to, to try to gain the favour of Marie.
I try to be a certain kind of youth scene conception of cool to gani not only their acceptance but to accept an identity. Between 2004-6, I was lost, I tried to find myself between 06-07, in 08 I consolidated a lot of what I thought I wanted to be, A big part of that involves finding a dress sense.

Characters in plays are often said to be one-dimensional iff they only exhibit a certain tone, colour, affection, character, persona. Real life is about wearing eyeline and white tees'; it is about listening to michael jackson (RIP) and marylyn manson; radio 4 and xkcd.

I have been not listening to an inner voice, a sense of sel that I have inside me. I have been ignoring it. Part of that is because I feel disposed to being depressed if I listen to it.

I have decided that I shall do a partial fast. I shall eat only during the twilight hours. Daylight shall be a time for not eating. I'm returning to white tee shirts and clothes that aren't simply brown, blue, or black.

I'm trying to move to somewhere else, someone different, but still, staying me. I need to change, to shift, I need to improve.



No comments: