Thursday, April 2, 2009

expectations

about 3 montsh ago I had this attitude of 'any day now I'll get an offer...'

Im starting to feel that way now; not in the sense of expecting an offer, but just a reply from the universities.

It's a dreadful state of mind, a disappointment every day until it comes. I felt that way for 9 weeks late last year. It devastated me and changed me in a real way. I think that my health is getting better today from that nasty virus. I wish I ate that pizza that mum made last night now (oh, the irony).

I have one thing to say which I am making intentionally vague. Some things happen in one's life which must stay secret. I have been, at my discretion, intentionally not mentioning certain acts, thoughts or feelings that I have. I have been doing this to protect me: if I purge it from my mind and the surface of my thoughts, then it will not be an issue.

Part of me is alwo thinking 'secrets make you sick'.On the other hand, I've been far too candid to a select number of people for far too long. Candidness is not a moral obligation or virtue. It is a voluntary act.


No comments: