Tuesday, September 6, 2011

'each next one will be the one I get'

Dear Diary,

 

I'm going to be succinct because I'm tired right now. Monday was a pretty good day. I applied to 4 jobs, did some job searching, I then decided to go to the gym (even though I didn't need to in my training routine), as I got home, I felt pretty good about myself, not only has my working out brought decent results over my body, I felt pretty good, I felt an earned sense of fatigue as I got home. I then noticed that I've been invited to an interview, its a pretty decent role: charity-slash-thinktanky job, plus there are real responsibilities, as well the pay I think is a bit over 20k, all in all, not bad.

If there was a day where I'd pat myself on the back, this might be it, this is the second interview within a week. that's prospective. I need to keep pushing, I know my regular pattern: I don't get the job, I feel down, then I slow down my regular pace for the rest of the month. It's funny, because I've only just gotten over the disappointment from the interviews I had in July. I had so much hope for them...I guess I feel each next one will be the one I'll get.

I've been looking at things I'd love to do, things that would give me a social life. If I could afford it, that is. I think I've made plans for when I start working full-time. Plans on how to start living.

Anyway, I'm overly tired. As I got home from the gym earlier today, I thought to myself that I'd do the bare minimum of scheduling (I need to reorganise times as the interview cuts into my application time). I did that, but no more (as in clearing time). I spent the past 3 hours or so playing Mass Effect 2. I'd rather relax and find time to chill, than focus on the schedule all the time. This laptop is no longer 'new', but it is becoming like a second skin. It's beautiful, and it suits me.

Now I'm off to relax some more. Tomorrow brings a better day. Tomorrow brings a busy day.

No comments: