Monday, September 12, 2011

A middling day

Dear Diary,

I feel that I haven't done very much today at all, most of the things 'happened to me' more than as a result of being proactive. Lets talk about what I've been up to:

  1. I caught up on reading articles from last week
  2. A *little* bit of job searching
  3. Cleaning up my HDD
  4. Creating a new (and week long) playlist of music
  5. I went to work (little bit of awkwardness with a single member of the team who is too uppity for her own good)
  6. I was invited to an interview next week.

I suppose things that have been on my mind are:

  1. Feeling down about poor prospects RE: Social mobility (listening to podcast by Owen Jones, author of 'Chavs')
  2. I felt nervous around cute girl at work, I think there are evident signs that she likes me
  3. I feel a bit tired, but I have eaten a fairly normal amount of food today.
  4. While at work, I have been thinking about the past 3-4 days which have basically amounted to no job searches. I went out on Saturday, recovered on Sunday. I didn't do applications on Friday
  5. My energy levels are fluctuating extremely, or perhaps a better word than 'fluctuate' is that i'm feeling very tired. I'm still maintaining weight rather than losing it over the past few days, which is partly to be expected, and it is a necessary part of healthy weight loss. It's not fluctuating in the sense that its going up and down, its just more like having down moments, even more down moments and then 'the absence of down'.
  6. I've spent most of my day isolated since getting home. I've made almost no human contact. That fact brings me down a little bit

All in all, I think that I've done a reasonable amount, I wish that I did more, but I've cleared a path for future days. I think that this week will be more busy than most.

No comments: