Saturday, April 2, 2011

Zombie or sloth day?

I like making up phrases, like 'work hangover' or 'anxiety hangover' which describes when I get up late or slowly if I've edone a lot the previous day. I think a new related one is going to be the 'Zombie day' or the 'Sloth day'. Lets be all geometrical (as in Euclid, Spinoza) and start off with some definitions

Zombie day (dn): a day in which one feels lifeless and devoid of feeling, motivation, a sense of self of perspective. This feeling normally leads to a great amount of inactivity during the day. See also: depression, laziness, hangover

Sloth day (dn): a day in which one allows a day of rest or inactivity, normally as a result of lots of things going on during the week, spacing out tasks so that they aren't all at once to prevent a sense of shock or overwhelm, or a time to give one space to put between repeated days of activity where so much happened its hard to mentally comprehend or put into context (such as going on a date, kissing a new girl after like 2 years and essentially a sign that I'm getting over the ex).

Is today a sloth day or a zombie day. I fell asleep at midday after getting up at 5am, after waking up I felt tired and emotionally low. I had a feeling of 'where has my day gone' and also a feeling of 'I feel pathetic'. I then (as if feeling pathetic wasn't bad enough) decided to indulge in some xbox and I played so much today that I essentially decided to stop after 7pm and get back on with schedule tasks. As it happens I've cleared up a lot of tasks until friday. This has many good consequences, such as:

  • I'm 'ahead' of schedule
  • I dont have to do those tasks later next week
  • That gives me more time to complete other tasks
  • That gives me more time for gym
  • That gives me more time for life
  • It gives me less anxiety and a feel-good feeling
I am feeling a mix of sloth (my belly is full of tuna) and zombie (I feel numb). I'm also reliving those 3 seconds of kissing the girl last night, for 3 seconds it felt like an eternity. She was a lovely kisser, I hope I was good too. I miss the mutual exchange of fluids in an act of affection and assurance as well as the subtle hint of lust in such a kiss.

On with my day! evening, whatever...

No comments: