Sunday, April 10, 2011

Just keep moving, just keep moving...

I feel like I have a bit of energy, but also like I'm dead. This is otherwise the feeling of waking up after a few hours sleep. I went to the gym, decidedly after a trigger and I pushed on. There is this film from a few years ago, Finding Nemo. I was about 16 I think when it came out so I suppose its effect wasn't as strong or influential on me at that time, but I suppose in more recent times I'm reminded of a certain line when the supporting character tells Nemo's dad: just keep moving, just keep moving...

For a children's film it is surprisingly profound. I remember a moment of intimacy, when I was quite depressed and Antonia told me that her one big piece of advice was to 'keep moving' during the bad times, and she had many growing up. I guess that's what I did today, on a rowing machine and on two cycling machines. I did the equivalent of 32km on the cycling machine and by the last couple of klicks I was feeling very worn down. I kept a pace of about 23kph towards the end and the strain was not from continuing but doing so at a distinctly brisk rhythm. I moaned a bit, I cried a bit, but I made it. Boy did my glutes hurt!

My glutes still hurt, but I'm glad that I did something today. I'm not feeling 100% today, I think because of something Dobby said that upset me. I dont think I'll continue to talk to her. I'll make that rational decision and just cut her out, just like I did to my friend in grad school.

There is a lot to bring me down tonight, a lot of reasons to feel sad. I'm quite glad that training for afourth time this week is one thing I can put as a positive. I'm probably going to be awake for a while. I might try and catch up on things. I was expecting to hear from some friends tonight to meet up with them. It looks like that didn't happen.

No comments: