Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yeah, I said it!

I'm going to be honest.

I fucked up my master's degree grades cos I didn't have my head screwed on and took the correct priotities. I'm angry at myself. I'm angry at my body for being fat. I'm angry at myself for bad grades.

Over the past year I've heard a phrase which sends a chill down my spine. The phrase is "we're not going to take this any further". I heard it at a job interview, I heard it in a story my brother-in-law was telling me about his own job applications, and worst of all I hear it at various applications and it is said to me in emails. We will not take your application any further.

It seems so impersonal and horrid.

The things that I used to complain about in my life seem to change. I feel that once I get into an MPhil (assuming that I do - a very scary assumption), my life will be bearable. I am feeling that I won't get an offer. As such, I feel pretty shit.

No comments: