Monday, March 30, 2009

dread

this is a week that I feel a lot of dread about. Here are a few reasons why:

1. I'm returning home for my Nephew's CofE baptism. It's also easter
2. I recieved a 'we missed you' letter from the post office. I think my book has come in (the one I am reviewing for a journal), but when I went to the blasted post office I found that it closed at 12:30 and I was an hour late. I'm also going away for a week so I need to try to have it delivered to another address and its a lot of headache.
3. I should be expecting to recieve a response from the council tax people as to whether I or the landlord are liable parties to the council tax. (positive: I did get my passport back from the other benefits form I sent)
4. My old university email account will be terminated (ETA thursday), I ought to reconfigure my facebook account to change my sign in details.
5. I should be hearing back from my university application for an MPhil, from the eminent university that I applied to which has various famous intellectuals attached to it. I'm dreading it so much that I half expect a rejection already. I just wish that they sent me a rejection earlier i.e. as soon as they saw my application; instead of waiting so long. It took a long time for the first university to reject me because my dissertation marks weren't recieved.

I feel very ashamed of my dissertation result. I am a failure.

So, that's my week. I don't earn any money, I'm waiting to hear from a university or two and I'm not optimistic about my life. On the plus side, my parents have given me my monthly allowance; that pays for the rent and this month I learned out to be really frugal. I spent barely £10 on food supplies. I basically raped my frozen food supplies and ate loads of ryvita. It worked successfully.

No comments: