Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Personal space

Things I have done today:

Went back to my university-town flat that I am stuck in by contract

Sorted out my council tax for my 07-08 residence

Made motions to sorting out my council tax situation currently: I filled in a form that determines whether I am subject to paying the council tax or the landlord is (I hope that its me as I don't want to inconvenience the landlord)

I got headhunted by some chav recruiting agency while on the bus, I put the phone down on them because they seemed to be messing me about; I told them my situation and they just seemed to be at a loss for words, like a horny dick teenager trying to chat up a girl. I could see (if I were the girl) that he was trying to look for something to say and struggling. I gave him a break and put the phone down. The fellow kept saying things like "Okay...okay...okay...thank you, thank you thank you" after I returned those responses with silence.

It made me feel weird, plus I don't like talking on public transport. I feel intimidated and intrusive.

Oh, and one good thing: I got an offer for publishing a book review: that means a free book and my name on a journal! I take my positive when they come. I hope very much for an offer at a certain university for a certain research masters. That would make not my day, but my life (or at least my twoyear)

No comments: