Monday, March 23, 2009

Scanning

I am scanning my folders, organising all of the paper documents that I have had for the past two years. This idea came to me in the summer of 07, to make a permanent copy of my documents so as to save space when I moved to my parents after I graduated. This task of 'scanning' has been on my head for a great few months, perhaps year and a half; but now I have the time to get it all done.

I feel that getting this task done is an excuse to fill up my day and do something. I haven't go much to do and of the things that I should do, I feel little motivation to do them. Scanning, or 'foldering' as I call it, is one of those things that I am averse to. This has been quite a big organisational task and I keep a logbook of all the micro-actions that I do to organise this scanning project. I won't go into the nitty- grity of the details but what I will tell you is that I think I will have finished this pretty soon. I've been putting this off for a long time and now this is a test of who I am to get this task done.

I am also typing into this blog as I am scanning, to get over the monotony and emotionally explore all of the things that I have accumulated over the past few years. Foldering is a time-consuming task, especially after processing 100-page documents to compile into a PDF document. If I make the scanning software agitated the work might turn into a 'not-processing' task of the computer and I lose all the work that I scanned.

Note to self: do not SCRUNCH UP the files until you have found them to be actual PDF files. I don't want to destroy the documents before I'm sure that they have become computerised. I like to preserve my memories, this is one such way of doing it.

Expect me posting a lot today. Memories that are evoked from these documents, in particular




No comments: