Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Curiousity soured the Cat's dinner

No I didn't eat anything weird, but I feel that my skills of deduction and natural curiosity has led me to know more than I ever wanted to. One of my flatmates either has epilesy (which we would have been notified of, so this doesn't seem likely), or bipolar disorder. I discovered this because someone isn't able to hide things very well and leaves things in the public space. I don't know who it is, in a sense, I don't care who it is (it won't make me think less or differently of them) but it just makes me think: mental health affects so many people that any person within any given arbitrarily selected set may be statistically very likely to be affilcted.

I discovered my brother's antidepressants.

I'm going to make more effort to hide my history. I don't want to be defined by my specific details of the past, or my illness. I am a work in progress, I want to be known for my works and acts, not my face, or skin, or arms, or health. Maybe if people thought I was hot I might like being complimented in that way. The sherlock holmes part of me deduces too much.

No comments: