Saturday, July 12, 2008

Personality faults

I have a personality fault. It is (ironically) pointing out the personality faults of others. I have a terrific shardenfreuder about it. This largely applies to people who I believe deserve derision; so, those who have some internal sense of failure, of failing to maintain the one thing that they actively try to promote in themselves but fall short of exemplifying (like hypocrisy)

  • I enjoy the failure of others
  • I enjoy pointing out people's imperfections: whether they are overweight, inadequate, obnoxious
  • I enjoy laughing at the failure and despair of others
  • I enjoy the misfortune of others
  • I like to wish misfortune and failure upon others
I will have to change...

I promise you, I will change...

Because, change happens on the inside as well as the out.

No comments: