Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Embarrassment

Did something REALLY EMBARRASSING today.

I turned the light off in an office as I left it.

Perhaps it sounds stupid to you or, like, how is this embarrassing?; well I was a stranger, or outsider to the office, and the act of turning on or off a light is like, intimate, and not my place to do.

FUCKING HELL that was embarrassing.

Okay; so, now, what?
How do I deal with embarrassment?

There are two seperate questions involved:

1. Social
2. Attitudinal/personal

The first issue, I have no idea; first, an apology, but then, comes the second issue; attitudinal. What is it that I feel when I am embarrassed? Failure, a sense of regret, a sense of irevoccably ruining a situation, a sense of trying to save myself.

Save myself? How?

There are ways I try to save myself when I feel embarrassed. One way I am often said to do is to make dirty jokes, or say something inappropriate in a way that is to be funny.

Avoidance strategies, basically.

I guess, that's a big fault I have from my dad.

I need to learn how to cope with embarrassment

No comments: