Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Norah jones reminds me of sadness

Dear Diary,

 

Hello. I got up late. I was up late, I also slept yesterday afternoon. I have quite a penchant for siestas. I think there's no chance for one of those today. The sun makes me lazy, physically speaking. I'm preparing my second job application. I am listening to music that I want to listen to, rather than a pre-defined musical setlist (which currently includes the ting tings, some Riot Grrrl (sic) and Frank Zappa). I'm listening to my heart at the moment, and no that doesn't mean I'm listening to Roxette. I'm listening to Norah Jones at the moment, I've told you in the past how Norah Jones reminds me of my first period of depression. It was a summer like this, in terms of the weather at least. My hair was probably similar length. There is something that seems so dark and murky about the early 2000s, but yet, it becomes clearer  to me as I revisit those memories with different eyes.

 

I have badminton later on today, I may go for dinner with the guys afterwards. Now, on with that application...

No comments: