Wednesday, May 18, 2011

a post that digresses about exclamation marks

Dear Diary,

 

The question always comes up: have I done enough? I've screened about 5 jobs that I scheduled to apply for, and only one of them was suitable to apply to, so I applied to it. It also took a bit of a while to fill out because they were asking specific questions and I couldn't do a cut and paste job on it. With that in mind I feel like I want to go out and do the gym now, which I invariably will do.

I am reminded of something. In 2008, my brother was involved in a social media thing (I'll leave this intentionally vague) to boost his popularity and recognition in his music career, I messaged all sorts of people to come and see it and no one bothered, or they all had other things. This was my first experience of promotion an event, and I hated it. It wasn't so much that my brother's actual event wasn't so good, considering they didn't last in the competition that long and so forth, but I had to use up so much social credit and put up this fake personality not only in person but on facebook. I hate it for instance when people overly use exclamations, as if what they are communicating is so funny, or significant that they need to type it emphatically. Example: OMG!! Great Dr. Who EP this week!!!1

Experiences such as this have left me distanced and tired of the world. In positive news I've applied for one job today, I've done a whole lot of ajob applying and I have also lost a fair bit more weight due to good dieting yesterday. Today I've already reached my calorie limit so I'm fucked. I have eaten a few pork ribs that my mum made, but my grading on caloriecount is A-, which can't be too bad.

I'm feeling a bit of a dip in my energy levels, and since I've listened to half a play and about 10 cds of Bach today, I think I can complete this day with a training session. Maybe I'll even sleep early to finish it off!

I might do some 'creative writing' when I get home. Depending on my energy. Will I do 2 hours and a 1000kcal burn? Let's see! (sorry about exclamation, I'm not really excited, I have a humourless face on right now)

No comments: