Tuesday, May 10, 2011

as my old piano teacher once used to say...

Dear Diary,

I feel like today I've done the core workout (metaphor) and now I feel a bit more energy I can optionally push myself harder, but I can choose to just quit the session (extended metaphor). I've finished most of my scheduled tasks for today. The rest of them are time-dependent so I have to go and do them later on, I hope it will be fairly straightforward. Probably the only task that will really be hard is my workout this evening. I am going to make the bold decision to make a 10km row a regular part of my routine.


This morning I checked the scales. I am 2lbs less than when I checked a couple of days ago, and I didn't even poo this morning to make the difference. I need to take diet seriously, I have since monday, entered every item of food into my log and counted the calories. I will attempt to make this more of a habit, it also makes me more aware of the calorific content of many of the foods I eat. I also have a weird craving for pak choi. Seeing the progress of just a few days has given me a distinct sense of hope and motivation. I need to keep up this pace, keep up this motivation if I am to make progress. It's going to be hard and that's no lie. Tomorrow I'm working quite a long one again, so I won't be able to think about the schedule, nor will I be able to think about excercise. My short term memory is getting a lot worse lately I am hopeful for the future and I have distinct things that I need to do right now.

So, as my old piano teacher once used to say: get on with it.

No comments: