Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Do or do not

This weekend has been incredibly busy for me, and incredibly busy for information and making observations. If anything, I feel so busy with things that I could just as easily forget the whole past 4-5 days and just get on with my week and life as if it didn't happen. I feel a distinct fatigue of information, and a result of that is that all of the stories that have come from the news, not least to mention my own life. This weekend I was at a weekend festival seeing a whole lot of musical and comedy acts. That in itself is tiring, and also (in the case of sunday) hangover-inducing. On Friday was the so-called Royal Wedding, which to my surprise, I actually watched live and quite enjoyed it. Billy Bragg in a recent Guardian article is quoted as saying that the wedding is a secret way to gain approval of the royals, I think he's right, and even I am bought from that coin. I also had some editing work to do this weekend which I (somehow) managed between the days of the festival. How I managed that I am not even sure. I woke up on Monday with a text from a friend, whom I had apologised for not meeting up with and he told me that Osama died. I thought to myself, what the fuck? I replied and said to him: 'was I asleep for that long?' as he was aware that I would have a hangover. I then went to a family barbeque. Upon getting home, I realised that I had a whole lot to do from tuesday, I made a start on GReader today, as well worked on a crazy schedule plan over the next 12 days.How I will survive it is anyone's guess, but now it is tuesday, there is a big mess on my table and now I'm going to start tidying up. One step at a time. This morning I woke up feeling pretty low, I got out of bed quite late (1130). I know that I have a lot to work on, in terms of the diet (I've eaten way too much lately), in terms of my schedule and in terms of my life. I need to put it up a gear. I always say this, now I need to just do.

No comments: