Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm forcing myself to blog at the moment

Today I have come back from seeing Antonia. I had supported her at a big community meeting of which she is a member of the leading committee. I have had two aforementioned interview calls for tomorrow. I was considering that I would not go to one of them, but I'll give it a chance anyway. After shopping at primark for a dress shirt, chinos and well-needed underpants (I have now thrown out the really dirty pants), I had a meal at burger king [naughty, i know].

I bumped into a friend that I knew from the ADC. She told me that the members of the comittee would really be happy to see me again. I feel ashamed of my life at the moment and I don't think I want to see them right now. What will I tell them? I spent the last few months living off my parent's handouts, failed to get into three universities, spend most of my day wanking and only until recently I am making an effort to sort out my life? Avoidance would be better than either lying or telling the truth. I get all weird when I'm put on the spot, my voice changes and I have a more breathy and defensive kind of tone.

Tomorrow is the big interview(s). Luckily both are not too far from me, not-so luckily, both are within an hour of each other so I must hurry.

Reminders to myself:

1. Polish shoes
2. Put off your phone
3. Print off two copies of your non-academic CV and store them in a well-mannered way.
4. (send off your CV to that pub in the posh part of town)

Things that worry me at the moment:

1. Council tax claim form: I need three of my housemates to volunteer to put information down to help my claim. I'm scared of asking, especially since some of the details are a bit sensitive and it would be weird asking them.
2. Job
3. Life and my future as a whole
4. Social life - who are my friends, and that I must hide from everyone
5. Getting into university

No comments: