Monday, February 9, 2009

25 things about me

I thought I'd join in the craze, being self indulgent and also I am not feeling too good today and am trying to do things other than just wank and lay in bed. This is a recent facebook craze, to tag people in your friend list and tell them 25 things about you, such that they might do the same to some other friends:

Here are my ones

1. In my college days I got 100% for a significant number of my exams during 'A' level, if it wasn't 100% it was often over 90%

2. I played a piano recital in 2004

3. I had published two articles in the student newspaper

4. I used to be a news writer for the university radio station

5. I have given a newspaper interview and a radio interview relating to my mental health history

6. I created and run a support group on facebook about depression

7. I have a masters degree and bachelor's degree from a top 15 (sometimes top 10) Russell and Coimbra Group UK university

8. I had a poem published when I was 15 about the September 11th Bombings

9. I was a senior prefect back in college, I was senior librarian, part of the last cohort of prefects in the last year of my Headmaster's term of his job. Afterwards he became the most senior religious official of his group in the country, and our year is the one he remembers most (due to a tragic death)


10. I have given two conference papers and one postgraduate seminar on my work.

11. My brother is in an indie band, indie because it is signed to an independent label, he was once on a music reality TV show playing with his band (which he wasn't happy about after it happened), and he has a music video that has come out recently

12. I'm finding it difficult to say thing about me that are really special and unique so I'll say random things: I have been diagnosed with depression when I was 18, after increasingly I felt emotional difficulties and problems coping with life in my first year of university.

13. I have a wonderful girlfriend, she's a bit older than me and she has an adorable daughter

14. I lost a bit of weight from my bulimia but I find myself more attractive than I used to be and I don't blame the past or keep referring to previous things in my life all the time, I accept my situation and try to change things. Some days (like today) I fall short and don't get much done.

15. I live on google calendar to mark, record, and plan my days, and life

16. I also live on Zotero to blog, blogging is my way of procrastinating productively, I feel a lot, I experience a lot, and I have lots of memories, thoughts and academic preambles, whenever I have a thought in my head that I could write about for some lenght, I blog about it.

17. I have started to jog as a new years resolution. I am trying to lose weight and get fit, rather than jsut lose weight and not be healthy in terms of my diet, attitude and fitness.

18. I find that I am going through these 25 points faster when I say personal things. Okay, I have two teddy bears, one I won at a cruise ship on the way to Germany when I was about 9-10, and one little one that a girl I know made for me.

19. I masturbate a lot, some days are unproductive due to elongated masturbating

20. Sometimes when I confront how my life has ended up (by comparing my situation to other people), I cry. I have a lot to cry about, but on the other hand, I have a lot in my life that I appreciate and I feel very glad and appreciative for. I feel I am always on a path to progress, and one day I will reach some kind of personal peak or ideal. I have always seen it that way.

21. Sometimes the things you don't mention are the things you want to forget, and its okay to forget, I think, cos it gives you power and control over your feelings and your reaction to those events, persons, or things.

22. I have a bent up cornea and I am practically blind in one eye (I need to have surgery but I never ended up booking it)

23. I feel very isolated among my peers and my family and friends. Sometimes there are things they don't appreciate, or sometimes there are things that are good about me that they punish or chastise me for. Sometimes people are so ignorant that I am unable to articulate and even reflefct what their faults are.

24. I have a job as a tutor for an 'A' level kid.

25. I piss in containers because I feel too depressed to get out of my room. It all started when I was 10 and I pissed in a jar of pringles and kept it for 10 days, that was pretty grim so I walked out of the house and to the alleyway to clear it.

(26. I could have more random things to say but the name of the game is reaching 25)

18.

No comments: