Wednesday, February 15, 2012

heavy and hard to breathe

Dear Diary,

There's another story about the rise in unemployment on bbc news today. I just saw this story and its utterly depressing. The first guy who is 25 years old almost reminds me of yours truly. I don't get enough hours at work, although not unemployed I'm certainly underemployed at shambly. My anxiety has become more present over the past day, worrying about my hairline doesn't help. I'm hoping to hear back from that interview, but I think its likely that I didn't get it. I hate having hope, because with each rejection, I have to lose it, and then fight to get it back again, it's the eternal reoccurence, the plight of sisyphus as that boulder falls to the ground again and that punishment of being eaten by ravens as my organs grow back again.

Everything is feeling pretty heavy right now. All I have is a half smile, the kind of smile that hides your real feeling of bursting into tears. I'm going to have a little binge. I'm glad that I'm upright, all the same. I'm really hungry but my dad is downstairs and it makes me feel deeply uncomfortable being around him right now.

In other positive news, my friend is planning to do some training with me at the gym tonight. It will be nice to be around him.

Plodding on, I go...

No comments: